Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A lovely little birthday gift

Dear Shayne,

For my birthday, my friend Jocelyn (Hi, Jocelyn!) made me the loveliest little pincushion.
Pincushion by Jocelyn

Here's a top view of it -- the photos don't do it justice, as the workmanship is truly amazing.
Pincushion by Jocelyn

I am realizing right now that I should have taken a photo of it with a coin or something... it's so very small! It fits right into the palm of my hand. Like... a little bigger than a half dollar! I feel guilty sticking pins into it because it's so lovely.

But here's a picture of a pin stuck into it... just so you can see what it would look like if I end up having the heart to use it this way:
Pincushion by Jocelyn

Jocelyn is a very gifted crafter -- she makes things that actually look like the pictures in the craft books. This amazes me. I want to do that!

love,
kelly

5 comments:

j0zzzz said...

I'll try to dig you up some decorative pins so you don't feel guilty using the pin cushion! :)

Shayne said...

Wow, that is really a lovely little thing. Lucky you!

I am feeling the need for pretty pins, too. It's the little things, right?

kelly said...

Pretty pins or not, I think I'd still feel bad about sticking this lovely little guy. Perhaps he can be like a craft room mascot! ;)

Shayne said...

Yea, Pinny!

kelly said...

Hee hee. "Pinny." That's his name, right? Pinny the Craft Room Mascot?

Hee hee. Hee hee hee.