Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knitting bag

Dear Shayne,

I made this knitting bag last week for my friend Rachael. It's a very basic bag, but I love this fabric so much that I will really miss it when it's all gone.
Knitting bag for Rachael

I usually just leave knitting bags wide open, but I felt like trying out a closure on this one and I'm pleased with how it came out... especially because I've never done a button closure before and I didn't decide to do it until the very last minute.
Knitting bag for Rachael, detail

One button seemed a little boring, so I stacked two on top of each other. Yay!

There are also some pockets inside the bag, but it was just too dang dark to get a photo in there. So you'll just have to use your imagination on that bit.

love,
kelly

4 comments:

Shayne said...

Yummy! What kind of fabric did you use for the inside? It looks velvety in the picture.

kelly said...

It's just 100% cotton, but it has sort of a washed/brushed look to the pattern. It was really pretty and I forgot all about it until I was looking for something to line this bag. It worked great.

Ms. Ganshirt said...

I recognize that fabric! ;-)

I love the double buttons - so cute!

kelly said...

Yup, Dawn. Same fabric inside of *your* knitting bag. ;)

Thanks for the double-button love. I was a little nervous about it, but I think it came out great.