Monday, January 21, 2008

WiP: Another heart for the garland

Dear Shayne,

I slowed down a bit after the first three hearts in my garland (the tune "Three Coins in the Fountain" just went through my head.) (Ignore me.) But I made another heart yesterday night:
Fourth heart in the garland

I like to embroider, but I don't do it very often. When I was working on this, Bill looked over at me, then did a double-take and said, "What are you doing? You don't do that!" I thought that was hilarious. I guess I need to do more embroidery... so it's something that I "do." (Also so that my stitches get more even and attractive...)

The fire is from Sublime Stitching (of course). It's in the Viva Las Vegas pattern.

Oh, and someone asked me what I'm using to make these -- it's just cotton with double-sided heavy-duty fusible interfacing in between the layers. Zig-zagged edges, random embellishments, and the amazing Crop-A-Dile to put in the grommets (love that thing!)

Coming soon... more hearts!

love,
kelly

5 comments:

Shayne said...

Oooh, I love this one! You should make singlets with the grommet on the top to send as valentines. (hint hint)

kelly said...

I love the idea of making these as Valentines! 2 problems I can think of immediately:

1. The backs on some of these is not-so-neat (although this embroidery one is okay)

2. Um, time? Can I get more time over here, please? ;)

Funky Finds said...

saw these on flickr & had to learn more...great work! jessica
http://www.funkyfinds.blogspot.com

bettyninja said...

This garland will be great. I love the hearts on fire.

Shayne said...

I can't get you more time, but maybe for the backs, glue on a cardstock heart?