Monday, January 28, 2008

WiP: Heart garland... almost... there!

Dear Shayne,

I've got two more hearts for the heart garland done. Almost there!

Here's heart #8:
Eighth heart for the garland

This embroidery pattern is from a fresh n' funky embroidery pattern book called Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray (wow, I wrote "fresh n' funky" before I read the subtitle of that book is "Fresh and Fun" -- these patterns really are fresh and fun/ky!)

Her pattern is actually more lovely than what I have done, because she uses a satin stitch to make the dots surrounding the flourishes and I used, erm, the Bedazzler. My satin stitch totally sucks, so I resorted to Bedazzling it. Sorry, Aimee. Your book is awesome, though.

Unfortunately, I could not get a photo of Heart #9 tonight before the big fiery ball in the sky disappeared. Tomorrow, though -- Heart 9 and... possibly 10! (So, erm, a finished garland, perhaps?)

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

You need to come to terms with your Bedazzler. Accept the Beadazzler. Love the Beadazzler. It is your friend