Thursday, January 24, 2008

I like this tool: Carl ® 18" Heavy-Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer

Dear Kelly,

My absolute favorite, expensive-but-worth-it tool is my Carl ® 18" Heavy-Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer, $149.99 at Staples.

From Staples:








Ideal for trimming items like photos, digital prints and sheets

  • Cuts up to 30 sheets of 20-lb. paper
  • Patented locking cutting rail and premium steel blades
  • Paper length 18"
  • Features preset measurements for common-sized items
  • Mfr. limited lifetime warranty (excluding cutting blades and cutting mats)
  • 3 1/2"H x 15 3/4"W x 26 3/4"D
Over here, we call it the Big Carl. I love Big Carl! He does everything he's supposed to do. There's even a cute little compartment to store spare blades and cutting mats.

If $149.99 seems like a lot, you can get Carl in a 12" or 15" size. Or if you really want to go crazy, you can get the 25" for $199.99!

I've had various rotary and guillotine style paper cutters in the past, and nothing compares to Big Carl.

Love,
Shayne

5 comments:

kelly said...

Wow. Just... wow. Big Carl sounds flippin' awesome.

I have a very flimsy page-at-a-time $10 paper trimmer. It's no Big Carl. It's not even like Big Carl's little toe. In the world of Big Carl, my paper cutter is just an insignificant speck.

My envy runs deep.

j0zzzz said...

Oooo shiny! My fledgling bookbinding skills are drooling!

(Hi Shayne, I'm Jocelyn, one of Kelly's crafty co-workers and an avid blog lurker... ;)

kelly said...

(Jocelyn is also too humble to admit it, but she's the one who made the lovely Pinny *and* my tiny little book -- she's got skillz.)

Shayne said...

Hi Jocelyn. You are a quite the crafty gal!

EricaBurnsDesigns said...

I love Carl! I don't have the big Carl, but I got the baby Carl from my good friend Shayne! :) The best Christmas, Hannakuh, Kawannza Present ever!