My absolute favorite, expensive-but-worth-it tool is my Carl ® 18" Heavy-Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer, $149.99 at Staples.
Over here, we call it the Big Carl. I love Big Carl! He does everything he's supposed to do. There's even a cute little compartment to store spare blades and cutting mats.
Ideal for trimming items like photos, digital prints and sheets
- Cuts up to 30 sheets of 20-lb. paper
- Patented locking cutting rail and premium steel blades
- Paper length 18"
- Features preset measurements for common-sized items
- Mfr. limited lifetime warranty (excluding cutting blades and cutting mats)
- 3 1/2"H x 15 3/4"W x 26 3/4"D
If $149.99 seems like a lot, you can get Carl in a 12" or 15" size. Or if you really want to go crazy, you can get the 25" for $199.99!
I've had various rotary and guillotine style paper cutters in the past, and nothing compares to Big Carl.