Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Y A Y

Dear Shayne,

I've been prolific with the posting through the month of January because I've been riding the wave of December Awesomeness. That will be coming to an end shortly, but for now, I've got another awesome birthday gift to share. This one is from my friend Micki.
YAY from Micki

Not sure if you can tell from that photo, but the word "YAY" is spelled out with photos of objects. In this instance, the first Y is an architectural detail, the A looks like it's painted on a road, and the second Y is a tree.

When I opened this gift, I said, "Huh. I guess I do say 'Yay' a lot." Micki kind of laughed, so yeah... I do. Yay!

I don't know who the artist is that photographed these letters, but you can do something similar with photos found on Flickr. While there are different ways to do it, here's a simple tool that works pretty nicely. It even lets you replace individual letters if you don't like them.

love,

K e L L Y

2 comments:

Sutter Schumacher said...

I love it when people find the extraordinary in the ordinary! That is so, so cool in its simplicity and creativity. I'll have to keep my eyes open for letters in nature around me. :)

Shayne said...

Seriously, I need to make friends with some of your friends. I want more crafty presents. More, I tell you!