Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Bend and Snap scarf

Dear Shayne,

Have you ever seen the movie Legally Blonde? If you have, you are familiar with the phrase "Bend and Snap." If you have not... you need to right now. Cause it's super fun. (Especially the "Bend and Snap" scene!)

This scarf was made for me by my friend Jan (Hi, Jan!), who was working on a knitting technique called "wrap and turn." Every time she said "wrap and turn," it reminded me of "Bend and Snap" and that is how this scarf got its name.
Bend and Snap scarf

This scarf is actually called "Ruffles" and it's from the book Scarf Style by Pam Allen. Jan was working on socks and she said she could never remember how to do the wrap and turn correctly. So I said, "Hey, I've got this book that has a scarf that is nothing but wrap and turns. You could make that!"

Meanwhile, Jan does not wear scarves. So she made it for me. I feel somewhat selfish about it, except that Jan did master the wrap and turn while working on it, so you know... she got something out of it. But I think I got the better end of the deal, really. Cause this scarf is so totally awesome. (But don't tell Jan that.) Oops... hi, Jan! Ahem.

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Can Jan be my friend too? That is such a cute scarf. And the purple-ness...yea!

Shayne said...

Oh, and actually, the "Bend and Snap" scene is my least favorite part of Legally Blonde. It makes me feel icky inside for some reason.