Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heart garland: The anticlimactic reveal

Dear Shayne,

Well, the heart garland is done, but I'm not sure if this is the "Big Reveal" I was hoping for. First of all, I'm unsure about the ribbon I used to tie it all together. I have tried my best on recent projects to use stash materials only, but this ribbon... it's falling a little flat. With all of my precious, precious hearts it seems like I may have to bust out $3 and buy two yards of some nicer ribbon.

Also, this is kind of a crappy photo of it. It is really really hard for me to get photos of things that are extremely horizontal. If you click on through to Flickr in this photo, you can see a bigger picture. (Even that one is not so hot, though. I failed to fiddle with my camera settings correctly when I changed the lens... sigh. By the time I realized the error, it was dark. Boo, winter.)
The heart garland: finally.

Tiiiiny little hearts there, huh? Kind of anti-climatic, isn't it? Oh, well. It's great in person and I really, really love it. Yay!

Also, I did not show you a close up of heart #10. Are you ready to get sick in your trashcan? Cause it is super-duper shmoopy. I mean, really:
Heart garland: Final heart

It's my initial and my valentine's, intertwined. Awwwww. Yeah. I'm gross. But I love that man o' mine. And it's a heart garland. So, um, there.

Meanwhile, I still think that some of the previous hearts could use more embellishment. I did go back and help out ol' Black Button (heart #3) by adding a couple more buttons:
Heart garland: third heart

I could see this being an ongoing project, where I re-visit and embellish hearts from time to time. But for now... well, for now it's finished and it's hanging above the mantle and I love it very hard. So whee!

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Funky Finds said...

This turned out beautiful! Any plans to sell them? Jessica
http://www.funkyfinds.blogspot.com

j0zzzz said...

Yay, shmoopy! It looks great! and I'm still extra fond of the bedazzled one... :)

Shayne said...

This was a very climatic reveal :) Seriously, I love it! I'm sure the ribbon looks great.