Monday, May 12, 2008

What should I cast in resin?

Dear Shayne,

This weekend, my friend Hollie and I are going to try our hand at pouring some resin. That means I have about 5 days to figure out what I'm going to put in there.

I already have:

Sprinkles!
Sprinkles (Mmmm...)

Jar o' buttons
Buttons (of course)

Keyboard keys
Keyboard keys (if I can cut the unsightly backs off...)

Scrabble tiles
Scrabble tiles

What else?
- Safety pins?
- Postage stamps?
- Maybe a little embroidery piece? I wonder how that would work.

I used to have a ton of Barbie shoes that I gave away... I think they would be a blast to cast in resin. I've also seen watch parts cast, which looks neat. Perhaps I need to hit the thrift store this week and see what I can't stir up.

I once saw an amazing necklace with a threaded needle cast in resin, but now I can't find it. Where did I see that? Etsy? Craftster? Hrm. Ah, yes -- Craftster. Here is is right here. Pretty sweet, eh?

Sooo... got any good ideas for me?

love,
kelly

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Biscuit?

kelly said...

HAHAHAHA!

Now, Jenny! That's not nice! ;)

ren said...

pills? i always thought that would be funny. or not. i don't know anymore.

Shayne said...

Ren, pills would be funny (coming from someone who takes lots).

I really, really love the needle and thread. That is beyond awesome.