Friday, May 16, 2008

Crafty organization

Dear Shayne,

Inspired by this post at montague and this post at Posie gets Cozy, I organized my embroidery floss:
Organized embroidery floss

Compared to those two, I have a very small amount of floss (Alicia had over 400 bobbins! Wow!) But it's still nice to see it all lined up. Plus, I figured it would be better to organize them now, rather than wade through a bunch more at some later date -- I don't think I'd have the patience.

I don't know if you can tell from that photo, but I printed labels for all of the bobbins with the DMC number:
Labeled floss bobbin
(Red embroidery floss got the shaft in the numbering system. Could it be... eeeevil?)

I only ever see DMC these days... when I was a kid, there was another big floss brand, but I can't remember what it was. Is that one gone or is this a regional monopoly? What floss brands are stocked at your local craft stores?

love,
kelly

3 comments:

montague said...

looks so good! well done! isn't it fun to have it all looking nice and tidy?

kelly said...

Yes, it's great! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Shayne said...

Ahh, the colors look *so* delicious all organized like that :)