Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I need to make this!

Dear Shayne,

I know that you are a fellow Craft: blog reader, so you've already seen this today, but I have to bring it up anyway -- I must make this bag:


Or something using Peeps as stamps!

I actually own the book that this pattern is from, if you can believe it. If you don't have a copy and you need one, Craft is giving one away right now right here (contest expires tomorrow at 10am so hurry!)

The reason I need to make this bag? Oh, cause I love Peeps. Yeah. I'm a grown woman and I love sugar dipped in sugar. That's right. And if you think that's gross, you shouldn't read any further.

I used to think that the best way to eat them was when they get a little stale and the outside gets crispy. Then one time I left an opened package in my car (What? I'm gross, okay?) and when I came back, they were stale-crispy on the outside and warm and gooey on the inside! I have since duplicated this magical phenomenon in the microwave and last year, we took it to an extreme: Peeps Flambe! (You can find the "recipe" here.)

I took photos when we did it, but they came out horribly. Perhaps I need to try again with my new camera. Sounds like a good excuse to fire me up some Peep-a-licous goodness, doesn't it?

love,
kelly

PS -- That photo is from the Craft: blog, which is a wondrous place where we can all go to find an endless source of crafty inspiration.

3 comments:

Shayne said...

Yeah, that bag is awesome. I don't like to eat Peeps but they are super cute and crack me up.

Sutter Schumacher said...

Stale Peeps are the BEST! I've found that eating them stale is actually a win-win: not only is the texture a hundred times better, but you can buy them on sale once Easter is long come and gone, and pay half price. The shelf-life on those things must be 15 years. And, really, who doesn't love a good bargain on a guilty pleasure every now and again?

bettyninja said...

peep crafts are great!