Monday, March 17, 2008

Cute l'il embroidery pattern

Dear Shayne,

I've been quiet for a few days because I've been mining the depths of my craft closet -- we're having a "Craft Supply Swap" after work tomorrow where several of my crafty co-workers are going to bring all of those supplies they have not been using and pass them on to other crafty folks. In the interest of de-cluttering, my goal is to not return home with more than I bring to the swap. Wish me luck!

Meanwhile, I thought I would share with you a cute little future project that I most certainly will not be getting rid of at the swap. This sweet embroidery pattern I bought from Wee Wonderfuls:
Future craft: Quilting Bee Stitchette

The pattern came with what you see here: cute little postcard, iron-on transfer pattern, and a little note with some embroidery advice.

Although I have never been one to hand quilt (that's what machines are for, right?), I find these three girls to be oh-so-sweet. Now I need to dig out my embroidery floss and get started!

love,
kelly

2 comments:

bettyninja said...

Great idea to have a craft supply swap with friends. It must be the spring weather making everyone clean out shop. I too have been going crazy getting rid of things lately.

I love that little embroidery pattern from wee. I am very much a machine sewing gal myself, but love a little bit of embroidery now and then. It is rewarding because compared to a quilt- it gets done really fast.

Shayne said...

Ooo, thanks for reminding me that I wanted to order the pattern set with the squirrel from Wee Wonderfuls!