Remember this post when I gave my friend an "IOU" quilt instead of an actual baby quilt?
>Sigh< The baby was born Feb 13 and I'm still working on the quilt. Newborns don't really need quilts anyway, right? Whatever.
I've finally got the quilt top done, but I'm having my doubts about it now. I chose colors that I know the mom adores and I know that she loves, loves, looooves stripes. So I decided to make her a striped quilt.
I mean, I think the stripes are visible, but, being the patchwork-lovin' fool that I am, I just had to use a million different fabrics. Sooo... yeeahh... well... here it is:
My wacky fabric choices may have obscured the overall "design" of the thing. Whoops. Oh, well. Moving on...
The next step is to find a fabric to use for binding (the edge of the quilt) and then to send it off to get quilted. I do have a backing fabric, sooo... at least that's done. Of course, finding binding (Whee! I rhymed!) to match this quilt may prove difficult. Wish me luck.
In good-for-me news, I made this quilt top entirely of stash only fabric. Looking at it now, I'm thinking I probably should have gone out and bought more fabric that was closer in value/color to the other values/colors that I already had.
Oh, well -- here's to patchwork-y!