Friday, March 30, 2007

WiP: Snowball's Chance in Hell

Dear Shayne,

Do you remember this post back in October (yikes!) when I bought yarn for these sweet-ass armwarmers?

Well, after hemming and hawing and various stallings, I finally started them this month! I'm not quite finished with the first one, but I'm so excited, I just had to share:
Snowball's Chance in Hell

(Good God -- looking at the photo I realize that my arm color almost matches the white door behind me! Ack, I'm pale!)

So I still have to finish making that last motif (the skull) and then bind off. I guess I could have waited another day to post the photo when it was done, but... well, I was excited. Look how cool that thing is! Yeah!

Meanwhile, this has been a somewhat arduous project and I imagine that the second one will be tougher to slog through than the first... I hope that the name "Snowball's Chance in Hell" is not an indicator of my likelihood of finishing these.

Oh, yeah -- and even if I do finish them in a timely fashion, it will be just in time for... summer! Yay! Guess it's time for that trip to the Southern Hemisphere!

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

These are so cute! If you don't finish them until summer, you'll have something to look forward to next winter - wearing these!