Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Didn't quite make it in time

Dear Shayne,

A friend of mine is pregnant so I decided to make her a baby quilt. She's due in February, so I knew I'd be cutting it close, but I thought, "What the hey -- I like a challenge." Yeah, until some friends decided to throw her a shower. Right after I started on the quilt.

I knew I wouldn't finish in time, so I decided to make her a mini "IOU" quilt. It's 5"x 5.75". I used some of the fabrics I'm using in her quilt and the same basic layout. Then I machine stitched the letters IOU on it.

IOU Quilt

It was well-received at the shower and there were some good suggestions for alternative uses for it... a coaster, a washcloth, etc.

Of course, as soon as I made this little quilt, I had a feeling like, "Whew! Done!" and have barely worked on the actual quilt since then. Grr... guess I still need to finish that damned thing.

Or maybe the baby will be very, very tiny and the IOU quilt will be the right size for him? Yeah, yeah... finish the quilt.

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

Hahaha tiny, tiny baby. You're funny. From the tiny, tiny version, it looks like the quilt will be awesome!