Saturday, August 25, 2007

Only ten months late...

Dear Shayne,

As I mentioned in this post, I've been working on a bag for Jenny's birthday, which was... erm... last October. It ended up working out for the best, though, because she has just started a new job so... new bag for a new job! Yay!

She requested a bag for carrying papers to grade (she's a middle school teacher [AKA "saint"]). She wanted it to fit snugly over her shoulder (although it also has to fit over a winter coat -- I actually put my winter coat on to try it on for fit!) and to have a flap to keep out the snow.

Here's the bag:
A bag for Jenny!

(The flap looks uneven in that photo, but you can trust me when I tell you that it's not.)

Her main request was that it be easy to leave open while she's grading -- so she can just pull the papers out or shove them back in pretty quickly. Like so:
Jenny's bag, open

Also, if I could put a pen holder or two in it... that would be okay. I aim to please, so here they are:
Pen holders in Jenny's bag

She got the bag yesterday and said that she loves it. I hope that it works well for her purposes and, if it doesn't, well... I can make her a new one!

Happy Birthday, Jenny! You've got another one coming up... anything you want me to make for you? You know... sometime in the next year? ;)

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Shayne said...

What a beautiful bag! I still don't understand how you have the patience to do such detailed sewing. I made a bag with lots of pockets once, like a gardening-style bag...it's cute, but when you look close it is not a pretty site.

jessica said...

gorgeous bag.