Saturday, January 10, 2009

And for my birthday...

Dear Shayne,

Wow. The last few weeks have been kind of nuts around here. We've had several house guests and things have been crazy busy at work. I haven't even gotten the chance to tell you about my big exciting birthday gift -- a serger!

This was from Bill (he's the best!) It's a Brother 1034D -- not the fanciest serger in the world, but I picked it because all of the reviews at Amazon say that it's very easy to thread. My grandma has some nightmare serger that takes an advanced degree to thread, so I knew that I did not want that.

It's basically a "starter serger" -- not too spendy and it gets good reviews. If I find in a few years that I am serging like a maniac, well, I may consider getting a fancier one then. For now, I am looking forward to making basic skirts (and ruffles, of course.)

Honestly, this is the first free day I have had in three weeks, so I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. As soon as I hit "Publish Post" here, I am going to crack it open. (Wish me luck!)

love,
kelly

PS - Image (and serger!) from amazon.com.

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Oooo, you are so lucky!!!! I expect a lengthy review :)

j0zzzz said...

Wow! Awesome present!

I now know someone how ones a serger. It's like knowing a celebrity! :)