Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Crafty Books

Dear Shayne,

In addition to the crafty gifts I gave this past Christmas, I also received a bunch (Yay!) First up: the books.



For the past two years, my Craft Group at work has had a Secret Santa exchange -- it's really fun and crafty-themed, so it's gotta be good, right? My awesome Santa bought me Appliqué Your Way by Kayte Terry. I've had my eye on this book for awhile, so this is very exciting -- super inspirational, spiral bound so it lays flat, and an envelope for patterns. Love that!

My friend Katie (Hi, Katie!) gave me the latest Debbie Stoller Stitch n' Bitch book, Superstar Knitting. There's a pattern in there for mittens with squirrels on them! Yes, please!

And, for when I need a break from crafting and I want to hold my sides from laughter, my friend Jan (Hi, Jan!) gave me Amy Sedaris's latest masterpiece, Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People. Have you seen this book? That woman is a comedic genius. Jan keeps saying she wants to see some crafts out of it, but I'm not sure if I can stomach any of 'em. But it is really funny -- check out some of the projects at Amy Sedaris's site. (I also have her first book, I Like You, and it's fantastic!)

Whew! Plenty to keep me occupied in 2011, eh?

love,
kelly

No comments: