Friday, September 17, 2010

A Challenge

Dear Kelly,

Are you up for a long-term challenge? I just bought a Moleskine Watercolour Notebook - the kind that's bound horizontally and has the nice, thick, creamy paper - with 35 double-page spreads. Here's what I propose (partly taken from a challenge we've both read about on the blogs of Kal Barteski and Elise Blaha):
  1. We each pick eight words to act as a theme, plus one "anything goes" theme.
  2. We have one of the husbands pick the words at random to determine the order we use them.
  3. We each have two weeks (including mailing time) to create a double-page spread based on the theme word. Any medium. Any interpretation. Directly on the page. Glue in. Whatever.
  4. After 17 months (!), we will have an amazing, joint work of art. 17 spreads each, 34 total. (We'll just figure something out for that odd leftover spread.)
  5. Then we fight over who gets to keep it.
You in?

Love,
Shayne

5 comments:

kelly said...

I'm in!

Now... which words... ?

Shayne said...

That's tough. We need a deadline. Sunday night?

kelly said...

We need the Random Word Generator

(Google in my friend and just helped me find just such a thing!)

If we want specify the part of speech and the complexity of the word, we can use the Random Word Generator "Plus", but I think the first RWG is good.

kelly said...

Ha! I just tried it and got:

Hair
Lager
Communist

I freakin' LOVE this thing!

TJ said...

This will be very interesting to follow. Can't wait to see what comes out of this!