Thursday, August 26, 2010

Little brother to the crazy a** scarf

Dear Shayne,

Do you remember this crazy-a** super-long, nutso scarf? After I made that, I still had enough leftover orange and brown yarn to make a normal sized one for my mom and one for my grandma (normal sized = 6 feet long, rather than 14).

Believe it or not, after finishing those, I still had some of this yarn left (yes, yes, I may have A Problem). I was going to make yet another one in the same colors, but then I thought I would mix it up a bit.

So I went stash diving to find something to go with the brown yarn and found plenty o' purple. I put them together and I think it came out pretty well:
Wacky scarf

It's much smaller than the original one, but how many 14 foot scarves do I need? The best part about this scarf is that it is reeeeeally soft. Mmmm.

Here's a closeup of some of the craziness:
Wacky scarf, close up

For the leftover orange yarn, I think I will mix in pinks. And then maybe be done with this particular scarf craze. Maybe.

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see the pink and orange together!