Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another crazy scarf

Dear Shayne,

Tap! Tap! Is this thing on?

Well, we have been neglecting this blog lately, haven't we? I don't know about you, but I have also been neglecting crafting. Which is No. Good.

But I did make another scarf! As I am now addicted to weaving, I used this handspun yarn to weave a wild scarf:
Woven scarf of handspun yarn

I only had 87 yards of it, so I used simpler sock yarn I had for the warp.
Woven scarf of handspun yarn

It went further than it would have if I had knit it (weaving uses less yarn than knitting! Yay!) but I still should have done better math, as it ended up a bit short -- around 5 feet long.
Woven scarf of handspun yarn

So I am now hatching a plan to attach some buttons to it and make it sort of cowl-y type of thing. Regardless, I love how it turned out. This yarn is awesome.
Woven scarf of handspun yarn [closeup]

Sequins! Pom-pons! Yes!

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Sutter Schumacher said...

Your talent and creative eye never cease to amaze me, Kelly! So great.

Shayne said...

LOVE the pom poms and sequins! No crafting going on over here either. Lots of TV watching :(