Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tiny stuff in the mail

Dear Shayne,

Well, it's a new year, so it seems like we should be doing something special to commemorate that but... bah. How about this: So, long, 2009. Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

Okay, done.

Meanwhile, I've been meaning to post these for awhile -- tiny stuff that you made and sent to me! Yay!

First up, nested envelopes (and cards!) So cute!

If anyone wonders how tiny the tiniest of envelopes is here, it's verrry tiny. Here it is, next to a US dime:

Tiny!

You made those using your Cricut, right? I am loving my Cricut for cutting envelopes. Pure happiness that it cuts an A2 sized envelope for me. Whee!

You also sent me a piece of experimental mail to see if the USPS would deliver it. The good news is that they will, but the bad news is there was postage due and I had to go to the Post Office to get it:

(I blurred our addresses. I'm weird like that -- not wanting everyone on the internet to know where I live n' all.)

I'm surprised we got away with just the 20 cent charge -- that's the "non-machinable surcharge" put on square envelopes, but the minimum size for a square envelope is 5x5 inches. Obviously, this was smaller than that! But I guess they'd rather get 20 cents out of me than pay to send it back to you.

So I wonder if one with 64 cents on it would get delivered, or if they'd charge us for something else... let's try it!

In fact, let's send more mail this year. I've been loosely working on a "Goals for 2010" for the past couple of weeks (fortunately, none of the goals are: "Make lists on time," cause I'd already be failing) and one of them is to send more mail. Mail is great. Let's all send more!

Speaking of mail, have you read the book Good Mail Day by the gals at PodPost? Such a great book -- very inspirational!

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Shayne said...

The envelopes and cards were all cut with the Cricut - the itty bitty one was on the 1/2" setting.

I am SO excited you got the little envelope, but sorry you had to go to the post office to pick it up. We should definitely try it with the extra postage.

K is for Calligraphy said...

Wondering if I should try to make an envelope seal to go with the world's tiniest envelope? So tiny!!!!!

kelly said...

Ha! Katy, that seal would have to be about the size of the head of a pin. Not sure I'd have a steady enough hand to apply it to the tiniest envelope in the world... :)