Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Low tech solution for my new high tech gadget

Dear Shayne,

Have I ever told you that my sweetie is the best guy in the world? Well, he is. For many, many reasons. Most recently because he worked a little freelance gig and with the extra cash he made? Oh, he bought me an iPod Touch:

Wow. Now I have the internet in my pocket! Yay!
(Do you see that photo? It's our site! It's the internet in my pocket!!) (This photo does not do the loveliness of this little beauty justice, by the way.)

So I needed a case for it. While it was charging, I knit something up for fulling/felting. Essentially, you knit with wool very loosely, then run it through the washing machine with hot water and it turns to felt. Amazing!

Unfortunately, the Art of Making Felt can be a rather inexact science, so my first one was a little bit short:
Making a case for my new iPod Touch

Unfelted, my original was 3.5 inches x 5.25 inches. I think it's a little too wide, so my next try was 3.25 inches x 5.75 inches, pre-felting. Here it is, with the original one I made, for scale:
Making a case for my new toy

I'm going down to throw it in the washing machine right now... I'll let you know how it turns out!

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Ms. Ganshirt said...

So cute! (the cozy AND the gadget!)

To quote the Corner Gas episode I saw last night (in which Brent buys Emma an iPod) "Look! It's one of those fancy new MVP players!"

Christine said...

I didn't know you could do that! Man, the things I don't know about crafts...

Shayne said...

Cute! (But makes my throat scratchy just looking at it.)

I need to make a little pouch for my new PINK camera and my GPS. I will probably use polar fleece.