Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finished bear

Dear Shayne,

Posts have been a little bit sparse around here this month -- I guess that's the nature of summer, isn't it? It's a good time to drink lemonade instead of crafting. :)

But I have been working on the little bear I told you about. And now he's finished and ready to be shipped off:
Finished bear

His body ended up looking a little bit goofy (especially those lumpy legs...) but I think that his face came out cute.

This bear was made for the Mother Bear Project, which is an organization "dedicated to providing comfort and hope to children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations, by giving them a gift of love in the form of a hand-knit or crocheted bear." (That's from their site.)

You asked me before if they take sewn bears. They don't mention sewing on their site, so I think they're keeping it to knit and crocheted dudes. Perhaps it's time to dust off your hook? (The pattern is super easy!)

love,
kelly

1 comment:

Shayne said...

Great job! I checked all through their website - knit and crocheted bears only. I wonder why? I won't be picking up a crochet hook anytime soon (and have no clue how to read patterns, anyway), but whenever I finally go through my stash, I'll definitely send some yarn.