Monday, October 23, 2006

Weirdest. Craft. Ever.


Dear Shayne,

It is after midnight here and I have just put the finishing touches on what is quite possibly the weirdest thing I have ever made.

It looks weird and the craftmanship (craftwomanship?) is horrible, but it is exactly what I wanted. In fact, this one was intended as the prototype, but came out so perfectly that I only have to make one. (Don't you love it when that happens?)

I am SO excited about this -- I hope it works!!

If you can't tell from the photo, it is a sewn item -- basically, a stuffed "doughnut" shape, about 5" wide, with a length of elastic sewn at both ends into the seam. I have made it for a very specific purpose and I will know tomorrow morning if it worked.

Before I tell you what it's for... do you have any guesses?

I'm going to go test it out now!

love,
kelly

PS -- I want to see a photo of those socks! You're not afraid to post a photo of your butt for the whole internet to see -- who cares about a few hairs? ;)

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Well, now I'm dying to know what it is...some weird sexual device? Probably not. It's too early for me to come up with clever ideas. Just tell me. I hope whatever it is, it worked!

kelly said...

Good lord, no!

And I want more guessing!

So... your first clue is that it's *not* a weird sexual device. Your second clue is that it *is* something to wear. And... I'll give ya 3. The third clue is that it's purely functional (I won't be wearing this baby around town).

Guess some more!