Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Start 'em early

Dear Shayne,

Well, my beloved Cleveland Browns are having another terrible year. But I still remain a loyal fan and I'm attempting to pass my fandom on to the next generation. (Yes, I've evil.) Last time we saw our nephew, I had him cheerfully repeating "Go, Browns!" (Cutest thing ever -- toddlers are a blast that way.)

I was at Old Navy a couple of weeks ago and I saw a nephew-sized sweater in brown and orange -- Browns colors! The only drawback was the Old Navy logo on the front, but hey... I can fix that!

I didn't take a "Before" shot, but here's the sweater after I covered the logo with my patch:
Go Browns, toddler-style.

I cut the helmet from some Browns fabric I had, then I fused it to felt and fused the whole patch to the sweater. Then I machined a satin stitch in orange around the helmet piece to secure it. Would you like to see a closer up photo of it? Of course you would!
Browns patch...
(Hrm... that's a tad blurry. Oh, well. You get the idea.)

The sweater itself is adorable -- I love that the sleeves are brown and the body is orange.
Go Browns, toddler-style.

Alas, they don't make them in adult sizes. But I'm used to disappointment -- I'm a Browns fan, after all.

Having said that, I still gotta end this post with: Go, Browns!

love,
kelly

3 comments:

Shayne said...

Very cute! Go Browns!

EricaBurnsDesigns said...

Hey Shayne, don't you mean go Redskins!? I love the sweater Kelly! Very cute! Plus I love the Browns this year because a) their best game was against the Giants in prime time, way to give them their only loss!
b) The Redskins beat them

I do feel your pain as a Redskins fan. Yes we have made the playoffs the past few years, but we want to win the big one again!

Cleveland Jeff said...

I'm afraid it's going to be a while yet for the Browns. They'll be rebuilding again next year with the new coach and hopefully new GM. You should have saved those TIVOed ones from 2007. But the long-suffering fan does earn style points.