As you know (cause it's yours now), I made you a switchplate a few weeks back for your Powder-room-in-Progress (side note: for some reason, I always say "switchplate cover," but I think just the term "switchplate" suffices).
Here it is:
After I made yours, I realized I had some naked-lookin' switchplates in my own home, so I made a couple. This first one uses one of my favorite fabrics (you might recognize it from the sewing machine cover and the baby quilt). It's in the office. I'm not too sure about the orange screws, but otherwise, it's working for me, as I have some other orange items hanging on this wall. (It's not that lumpy looking in real life, by the way):
The last one is for the bedroom. As I've mentioned before, we've got a pretty old (100+ years) house and, as such, it's got a few... erm... "quirks." One of the quirks is this situation, which is three switches in too narrow of a space for a three-slot switchplate. The one that came with the house was a cut down wood one circa 1980... not so sexy.
So I had Bill cut me down a plastic one and I covered it with mod-podgey fabric. I'm not the best measure-er, so there's a bit of a gap, but... I think it's going to have to do for now.
Oh, and the off-white colored switches have just got to go, but that's outside my realm of craftiness (Kelly = electrical danger). So I'll put in a request with the Electrical Dept. (read:Bill) and we can add it to the ever-growing list of "Gee, we should do that around the house..."