Sunday, May 09, 2010

Wine bottle tags

Dear Shayne,

This one barely counts as a craft, but I did use my Cricut to cut the rectangle shapes (soooo much easier than a paper cutter -- love that thing!) and then a trusty hole punch for the holes.

Living so close to wine country, we will often buy a few (or many...) bottles when we go to wineries. We've got them in the basement ("wine cellar," if we're feeling fancy) on their sides, cork end out, which makes it difficult to easily see which wine is which.

Enter... wine tags!
Wine tags

They hook on the neck of the bottle and we can write whatever we want on there -- the name of the wine, or what it pairs well with, or the day of the week on which it should be drunk (certain wines are definitely "Monday wines.")

I actually saw something like this for sale at a local winery a few months ago and thought, "I can make those," and for once, I actually did. Yay!

love
kelly

Edited to add: At some point, I will run out of these and forget what settings I used to make them, so... Dear Future Kelly, You used the 2 1/2 inch rectangles on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The circles were made with a 1 1/4 inch punch. Enjoy the wine! love, kelly

3 comments:

Cleveland Jeff said...

I can think of a certain relation that might love some of those.
It's all about me.

Hampers said...

Nice blog. Like the wine bottle tag. It was nice going through your blog. keep on posting.

Shayne said...

Clever girl! My $300 envelope maker has been gathering dust :(