Monday, November 06, 2006

WIP: Knucks

Dear Shayne,
In my continuing saga of How to Procrastinate on the Crafts I'm Supposed to Be Doing (AKA The Story of my Life), I present to you my latest not-on-my-list project: Knucks from Knitty.

This, of course, is just the finger portion of the glove (the first finger is still on the needles in this photo). I couldn't resist this yarn when I saw it last year -- it's brown and orange, which are the Cleveland Browns colors (football, if you're not into sports). I had two balls of this stuff and I wasn't sure what I was going to make with it. Then I saw the Knucks pattern and realized that GO BROWNS is 8 letters, so I'm going to embroider that on my knuckles when I'm done. YEAH!

Of course, now you understand why I just had to knit these right now. I mean, football season is half over already! I need me my Browns gloves. Wonder if it will help them win... hrmmm... that's probably too much to expect from a pair of gloves, isn't it? Oh, well. I can hope!

As for this weird-ass photo, I apparently took these pictures in the dark and no amount of horsing around with Photoshop seemed to help. So I de-saturated my hand so you could actually see the yarn color. In the end, it looks a little zombie-like, so we'll go with: It's Halloween themed! Yeah!

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine being able to knit gloves! I'm so impressed. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

The zombie fingers are definitely a bit creepy...but that lovely yarn more than makes up for it!