As you know, I spent last weekend making our over-achieving "Save the Date+" cards (they get a "+" because we couldn't simply leave them as "Save the Dates" -- we've already been getting sooo many questions about our wedding, we knew we had to put way more info out there now.)
I used red pocket folders from Paper Source and I Gocco'd our wedding date on the back (I know I already showed you this, but I love it so much that I'm showing you again):
On the other side, I used a seal that's pretty cool -- it's perforated in the middle, so it's easy to break (this ended up backfiring, because most of them got ripped open in the mail. Oops.) I used a heart-shape punch to give it a little somethin' somethin':
Inside the folder was a boat-load of information about our wedding (this is a photo of the prototype -- we did include information under that header on that first page when we sent them out):
Then, since I'm crazy (but you knew that), I cut all of the envelopes out of vellum and, of course, ran them through the sewing machine:
When I put the envelopes together, there was a bit of a gap...
... which I bridged with electrical tape! It's one of my crafts (sewing) + one of Bill's crafts (electrical). Hee.
On the front, I used a round label from Paper Source and address labels printed with my beloved Dymo LabelWriter (love that thing!)
I like the fact that you can see the heart-punched label through the envelope and that the sewing went right through it:
The sewing probably wasn't the best idea, because the one that I sent myself (I always send myself one copy of any big mailings I do) got totally butchered by the Post Office.
When I went to send them, I kept asking the postal worker if I could pay the extra 20 cents for "non-machinable" mail, but he kept insisting it was "machinable." He was wrong. Ugh. I probably shouldn't have gotten so nuts with the embellishments.
But I just can't help myself!