Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moebius cowl from Jan

Dear Shayne,

In falling off of the blogging horse, I realize that I have never even posted the crafty awesomeness I got waaay back in December for Christmas and my birthday!

So I'm getting back on the horse by going back in time...

[insert wavy fingers and "doo doo doo doo" noises here]

Waaaay back in December, my friend Jan [Hi, Jan!] gave me the most bee-you-tiful cowl for my birthday. It's cashmere and it feels like angel wings:
Moebius cowl

That photo does not do it justice. From poking around on Ravelry, I believe the pattern is by Cat Bordhi (Jan, please correct me if I'm wrong). If you're a Ravelry member, you can click here to see other people wearing theirs and get a better idea of what it looks like on a person (although, of course, mine is more beautiful than any of those).

If you're not a Ravelry member, you can see another less-beautiful-than-mine version of it on a manikin at the Craft blog here and, for all you knitters out there, you can get the pattern for yourself on Cat's site here.

In a nutshell: it's gorgeous and it feels even more wonderful than it looks (if that's possible). This is a long-overdue public worshipping of my good friend Jan for making me something so wonderful. (Thanks, Jan!)

love,
kelly

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Beautiful! i love the colors.

Cleveland Jeff said...

welcome back to the blogisphere